Street 14 Coffee Shop
14th Street Cafe is just off the lobby of The Commodore Hotel. They serve up Stumptown Coffee, sandwiches, and free wifi.
The real reason I stopped by was to experiment with the panorama setting on the iPhone. But I’ve got to say the Americano and breakfast sandwich were great. Breakfast menu is available all day.
The iPhone panorama option is part of the standard edition camera. It seemed to create an odd fish-eye effect. But I ended up liking it anyway.
- The Columbia River Coffee Roasters, 279 West Marine Drive, sits below the Astoria-Megler bridge. More than just a coffee house, they roast and distribute throughout the region. Three Cups Coffee is the retail part of the operation. Full disclosure: Thundermuck, their signature blend, is my all-time favorite.
- Astoria Coffee Company sits just below the Goonie house on Highway 30 at 37th Street.
- The Rusty Cup is on Commercial Street downtown shares much of the great character from their next-door-neighbors at the Liberty Theater.
- Astoria Coffee House and Bistro has astounding pastries in addition to the great beans. Had a mango-coconut scone that was something else. Easy to find, look for the neon coffee cup, 243 11th Street.
- Coffee Girl, 100 39th Street, is inside the former Bumble Bee packing house adjacent to the East Mooring basin and further-east trolley stop.
- Stumptown Coffee (sliceofseattle.com)